|PURPOSE OF PROCESSING||TYPE OF PERSONAL DATA||LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING|
|To process any visits or bookings for weddings where you are our client||Your name, postal address, email address, mobile number, any other contact details, details of any allergies and dietary requirements (including any dietary or access assistance requirements you may provide) and your reservation details including any wedding plans you may wish to tell us about||Performance of a contract and consent (in respect of any dietary or access assistance requirements of yours)|
|To process any visits or bookings for weddings provided by our client to us in respect of our client’s guests||Your name, contact details, details of any allergies and dietary requirements (including any dietary or access assistance requirements you may provide)||We process this data as a processor on behalf of our client, who is the data controller. The legal basis that will apply is legitimate interests of our client in allowing them to organize their wedding and provide for you as a guest to attend, as well as consent (in respect of any dietary or access assistance requirements) .This consent will be obtained directly from you by our client and as a processor, we rely on our client having obtained your consent to disclose this information to us|
|To process any payments you make||Your name, bank details, credit card and/or debit card details||Performance of a contract|
|To manage our relationship with you, including:|
– deal with any enquiries, correspondence, concerns or complaints you have raised;
– notifying you about changes to our terms and conditions or this privacy statement; or
– asking you to provide us with your comments or feedback.
|Your name, information about the issue raised, phone number and email address (if applicable)||Legitimate interest – to allow us to improve our overall customer experience|
|To process your registration to use our Website||Your username, email address, password and any other contact information||Performance of a contract|
|To send you our newsletter or update and to keep in touch with you||Your name and email address||Consent|
|To process your enquiry to visit our venue in advance of your wedding day||Your name and contact details||Legitimate interest – to allow you to visit our venue, as requested by you|
|To tell you about our venue, where you have made an enquiry about our venue||Your name and contact details||Legitimate interest – to provide you with information about our venue, as requested by you|
|To inform you and to make suggestions and recommendations about our venue, services, products, offers, promotions or special events that we believe may interest you||Your name and contact details||Consent|
|To inform you and to make suggestions and recommendations about CHWV’s venues, services, products, offers, promotions or special events that we believe may interest you||Your name and contact details||Consent|
|To provide you with marketing communications, for example, newsletters, updates and notifications, where requested by you||Your name and contact details||Consent|
|To share your details with CHWV for the purpose of enabling CHWV to provide you with marketing communications, for example, newsletters, updates and notifications, where requested by you||Your name and contact details||Consent|
|To share your details with any catering company for the purpose of enabling them to provide you with marketing communications, for example, newsletters, updates and notifications, where requested by you||Your name and contact details||Consent|
|To enable you to partake in a prize draw, competition or survey||Your name and contact details||Consent|
|To provide personalized online content to you (via the Website, social media platforms and our online partners)||The technical information mentioned above, your name and Contact details||Consent|
|To enable us to keep the Website safe and secure||The technical information mentioned above||Legitimate interest – to improve and ensure the safety of the Website|
|To compile reports (which do not personally identify you) about the use of the Website||The technical information mentioned above||Legitimate interest – to improve the Website|
|To ensure that the content on the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device||The technical information mentioned above||Legitimate interest – to improve the Website|
|To deliver relevant online content and advertisements to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve to you||The technical information mentioned above||Legitimate interest – to understand our customers better, keep the Website updated and relevant and to develop our business and to inform our marketing strategy|
|To use data analytics to improve our website, products/services, marketing, customer relationships and experiences||The technical information mentioned above||Legitimate interest – to understand our customers better, keep the Website updated and relevant and to develop our business and to inform our marketing strategy|
|To better understand our customers||The technical information mentioned above, location data and information about product choices etc||Legitimate interest – to allow us to prepare statistical information to be used internally to better understand our customers, but also to understand the effectiveness of our sales, marketing and advertising|
|To enable us to share your personal data with CHWV and any catering company you choose to use||Your name, email address, your partner’s name and any other relevant details of your wedding plans||Performance of a contract and legitimate interest to allow us to plan and manage your wedding|
Where we have a legal basis to use your personal data without consent (as we have described above), this privacy statement fulfils our duty to process personal data fairly and lawfully and in a manner that you would expect given the nature of our relationship with you, by giving you appropriate notice and explanation of the way in which your personal data will be used.
Where consent is required for our use of your personal data as described above, we will request your consent. Typically, we would collect your consent by you performing an action such as ticking the appropriate consent box or otherwise communicating your consent to us (for example, by email or by you providing us with non-mandatory information), you consent to our use of that personal data as set out in this privacy statement. For example, we will only process your personal data for marketing purposes if we have your consent to do so. Please see the next section for further information on this.
We do not sell your personal data to third parties and only share your information as described in this privacy statement.
MARKETING AND YOUR CHOICES
We will, if you have given us your consent and in line with your choices, provide you with information by email, which may be of interest to you in respect of our venue, CHWV and any of our recommended catering companies. Where you have consented to receiving direct marketing online this means that you could be presented with advertisements while using the Website or the services of our online partners within the scope of your consent, for example, if you have given us this consent we may run a Facebook advertisement campaign, which could include our advertisements being presented to you while you are on Facebook. We may also personalize the content that you see using analytical or profiling tools.
We will only provide you with marketing communications if you would like us to. You will have the opportunity to clearly set out whether you wish to receive marketing messages from us by ticking the relevant boxes.
PERSONAL DATA OF CHILDREN
We do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 16. If you become aware that your child or any child under your care has provided us with information without your consent, please email us at [email protected]
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may share your personal data with selected third parties in accordance with this privacy statement, as follows:
- with CHWV.
- with any caterer you enquire about or who provide catering services at your wedding or a wedding you attend.
- with any other third party suppliers whom you explicitly ask us to provide your personal data to for the potential or actual provision of goods and/or services at your wedding.
- with any other third party suppliers for your wedding, or a wedding you attend, where we or CHWV are providing planning, guidance and liaison services.
- with Google, Microsoft, or other email account providers (if you use your account with them to sign up / in with us), if applicable.
- service providers (for example, IT services or CRM services), business partners (for example, delivery services or booking services), suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you, but also when sending out marketing communications.
- professional advisers acting as processors or joint controllers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers who provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and accounting services.
- with vendors who provide services to us, such as fulfilling orders, providing data processing and other information technology services, managing promotions, carrying out research and analysis, and personalizing individual customer experiences. We do not allow these vendors to use this information or to share it for any purpose other than to provide services on our behalf.
- with analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of the Website.
- with government or other law enforcement agencies, in connection with the investigation of unlawful activities or for other legal reasons (this may include your location information.
- with third parties, who acquire us or substantially all of our assets, in which case your personal data (including any sensitive personal data) will be one of the transferred assets (however, we will let you know before this happens).
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The personal data that we collect from you is processed and stored at, destinations within the European Economic Area (EEA).
If we transfer your personal data out of the EEA, we ensure that a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring that one of the following safeguards is implemented:
- We will only transfer your personal data to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the European Commission. To find out which countries are covered by this, please see https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/data-transfers-outside-eu/adequacy-protection-personal-data-non-eu-countries_en
- Where there is no adequacy decision by the European Commission in respect of these countries (to the extent that they are outside the EEA), which means they are not deemed to provide an adequate level of protection to your personal data, we will still ensure that your personal data receives an adequate level of protection. We will therefore put in place the following measures to ensure that your personal data is treated by those third parties in a way that is consistent with EU and UK laws on data protection:
- EU-US Privacy Shield; and/or
- EU standard contractual clauses.
If you would like to find out more about this, please contact us via email at [email protected]
We are committed to taking appropriate measures designed to keep your personal data secure. Our technical and organizational procedures are designed to protect your personal data from accidental, unlawful or unauthorized loss, access, disclosure, use, alteration, or destruction. While we make efforts to protect our information systems, no website, computer system, or transmission of information over the Internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Once we have received your personal data, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access or inadvertent disclosure.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
RETAINING PERSONAL DATA
We will only keep your information for the length of time needed to carry out the purposes outlined in this privacy statement and for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
In some circumstances we may anonymize your personal data so that it can no longer be associated with you, in which case we may use such information without further notice to you.
Even if you request that we erase your data, we may still need to keep it (please see below) or may keep it in a form that does not identify you.
If you have not agreed that we may use your personal data for marketing purposes, we will keep it for a period of 6 years after your enquiry, the date of your wedding, or last used the Website, whichever is longer.
YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
You have the following rights with regard to your personal data:
- Access. You have the right to access data we hold about you. This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it;
- Rectification or erasure. You have the right to request that we rectify or delete any personal data that we hold about you (unless we have the legal right to retain it). This right does not extend to non-personal data. Please note that your rights to request erasure may be limited by applicable law.
- Restriction. You also have the right to restrict us from processing your personal data if the data is inaccurate, the processing is unlawful or we no longer need to your personal data for the purposes for which we hold it.
- Data portability. You have the right to obtain personal data we hold about you, in a structured, electronic format, and to transmit such data to another data controller if the legal basis for processing such personal data is consent or performance of a contract.
- Object /change of preferences. You have a right to request that we stop processing your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party). You have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. For example, if you have given your consent to receive updates or other marketing communications, but have changed your mind, you have the ability to opt out from receiving such communications going forward by contacting us using the details provided below or by clicking the relevant link in any communications you receive.
- Complaints. If for any reason you are not happy with the way that we have handled your personal data, please contact us. If you are still not happy, you have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Please note that if you ask us to stop processing your personal data in certain ways or erase your personal data, and this type of processing or data is needed to facilitate your use of the Website or the provision of products or services to you, you may not be able to use the Website or receive products or services from us as you did before. This does not include your right to object to direct marketing, which can be exercised at any time without restrictions. Please allow at least 3 working days for your request to be actioned.
Please note that the rights mentioned above do not extend to non-personal data (or anonymized data).
If you would like to exercise any of the rights mentioned above, please contact us by emailing [email protected]
COOKIES AND OTHER TECHNOLOGIES
A “cookie” is a small text file that is placed onto an Internet user’s web browser or device and is used to remember and/or obtain information about the user and a “web beacon” is a small object or image that is embedded into a web page, application, or email and is used to track activity, which are also sometimes referred to as pixels and tags.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of the Website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into the Website.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the Website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way the Website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognize you when you return to the Website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to the Website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make the Website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the table below:
|COOKIE||WHY WE USE IT||OPT OUT INFORMATION|
|Google analytics||This cookie enables us to collect statistical information about how our visitors use our website so that we can improve the website and learn which parts are most popular to visitors and otherwise analyse user behaviour and retargeting.||GA opt out|
|Facebook pixel||For targeting.|
|VWO||To test two versions of a web page or app and compare their performance, in order to check design tweaks and improve conversion rates.||VWO opt out|
Be a part of our story
Want to learn more about Old Palace Chester?
If you would like to get in touch with our team please select one of the options below